Remote Access to Web Resources
Connect from Off-Campus
Off-campus or remote access to licensed resources on the University Network is available for the Univeristy of Utah community. All faculty, students and staff are eligible.
Eccles Library expands and promotes online access to scholarly resources, such as listed in our Research Databases or eJournals.
Health Sciences Center
- Health Sciences Center students, staff & faculty with Health Sciences Applications account
University of Utah - all affiliates
- Options for all University of Utah students, staff & faculty to access the University Network from off campus. Log in with your uNID.
- EZproxy -- Best Choice.
Not starting from the Library website?
Save the EZproxy bookmarklet in your browser toolbar if you go directly to a journal website, rather than through the library's off-campus access button. The bookmarklet allows you to log in and gain access to subscribed content.
↓ Drag this bookmarklet button to your bookmarks toolbar (updated October 2015) ↓ Reload via EZproxy
Note for mobile devices: EZproxy bookmarklet works only with standard browsers, not mobile device browsers. For mobile devices, bookmark the library website, then click the "off-campus access" icon to login with uNID.
- MAC iOS profiles(iPad, iPod, iPhone): Configure your iOS VPN
- VPN: UIT VPN Client
- Free to students, staff & faculty. Shop for Software at http:software.utah.edu -- Type VPN into search box. Select option to match your needs.
- Needed for Internet protocols beyond Web browsing with http protocol.
- Need help? Call the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000.
- VPN: Web VPN AnyConnect
Please Note - Known Issues: PubMed and other NCBI databases are NOT searchable via the Web VPN AnyConnect. Some eBook platforms do not work with WebVPN.
Please use the EZproxy.
- Connect to licensed electronic resources for the University of Utah community at:
Issues or Questions?