PubMed Update Webinar for Library Professionals
Refresh and Extend Your Health Literature Search Skills to Better Support your Users: PubMed Update
Do you serve pre-med, nursing, or health sciences students? Do you have faculty or students asking for help on how to identify the latest research on a given health topic? Need a refresher on PubMed so you can effectively aid your users with their literature searching? Then join us on Wednesday, February 8, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. MDT (11:00 a.m. Central) for a one-hour online session presented by Rebecca Brown, a trainer for the National Library of Medicine Training Center, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library. Rebecca will discuss how to keep current with changes in PubMed, tips on how to use many of PubMed's special features, explain and explore PubMed's controlled vocabulary (MeSH), and more! Also learn whom you can contact to get help when you are stumped with a search.
- Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2012
- Time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. MDT (12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Central Time)
- Equipment needed:
- Computer with web browser and Internet connection
- Telephone (for inbound call) for audio
- Session will be recorded, and a link provided here.
How to join
- Use your web browser to go to: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/ualc/
- Follow instructions to enter the online "room" and provide your telephone number. They system will automatically call your phone to provide audio.
If you need to dial-in manually:
- Conference Number: 1-877-760-2042
- Participant Code: 724047
Contact Todd Vandenbark, Web Services Librarian, Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library
( or 801-581-5263).