InfoFair 2011 Abstract
The Clifford C. Snyder, M.D. and Mary Snyder Lecture Abstract
Interprofessional Education and Collaboration: Lessons Learned and Future Directions
Presented by Nanci Murphy, Pharm.D., Associate Dean, University of Washington, School of Pharmacy
For over twenty years the Center of Interprofessional Education, Research and Practice at the University of Washington has strived to achieve the following goals:
- Promote curriculum and clinical innovations in interprofessional education and practice across the health sciences schools
- Provide the infrastructure for catalyzing interprofessional health professions training initiatives and faculty development.
- Conduct evaluative research regarding the impact of health professions interprofessional innovations on students, faculty, providers and the health of the public.
This session highlights the University of Washington's experience in expanding its IPE initiatives. The discussion will focus on the processes involved in the development of:
- interprofessional competencies
- learning opportunities to demonstrate achievement of these competencies using case studies and high fidelity simulation
- assessment tools
- student-led learning opportunities
- faculty development
- translational research opportunities
- the impact of IPE activities on the research/practice interface