Borrow, Renew, Request
Borrowing print books requires valid card or permit:
UCard: Current University of Utah students, staff
Utah Academic Library Consortium (UALC):
Students, staff and faculty with current ID cards from a
can register their ID card for borrowing privleges
Loan periods and Fines
- Books, Theses and Documents
- Recalled item overdue fine: $1.00/day
- Closed Reserve overdue fine: $1.00/hour
- Lost items: replacement costs plus $15.00/processing fees.
Please read below before renewing library materials:
- Books, documents, and theses are allowed one renewal,
- unless they have been requested by another person, or are more than one week overdue. In these cases, no renewals are allowed.
- Journals cannot be renewed.
You may renew library materials via:
Your library account
for University Students, Staff and Faculty. Log in with your uNID.
- or phone at 581-8772
Interlibrary Loan Renewals
For renewing materials received from another library via Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) please contact:
Interlibrary Loan at 801-581-5282.
- Request items from campus libraries with uNID via the Library Catalog
- Find the item you want in the library catalog, click "Locations & Requests" to view physical print items.
- Log IN to My Account with uNID located in upper right corner of library catalog page.
- Click the "Request" link near the item you want.
- Type Eccles if you want item delivered from the Marriott or Quinney Libraries to Eccles Library for pickup.
Other Document Delivery Suppliers
Request a literature search
Request a research consultation
Other University of Utah Libraries